We’re dog lovers here at Wateredge, and we understand how four-legged friends are such an important part of the family – and that means coming on holiday with you too!
We welcome dogs here, and we know that Ambleside and many surrounding areas in the Lakes are also dog-friendly.
There are a number of local pubs and restaurants in Ambleside that welcome furry friends with open arms, these include:
- Copper Pot – dogs welcome inside and in the garden terrace, treats and water available for all pooches.
- Stiles Coffee Bar – towels for soggy pups available, as well as a treat or two.
- The Giggling Goose – a café in a beautiful setting by the Old Water Mill, dog friendly throughout.
- Golden Rule – dogs welcome throughout and water bowls are always available.
- The Apple Pie – all pooches welcome.
What better way to spend a winter weekend than a break in the Lake District, enjoying lovely long walks followed by cosy drinks and food in the area’s best pubs and restaurants.
We’d be more than happy to accommodate you, your family and your beloved four-legged friend at the Wateredge. Here’s 5 reasons why we are such huge dog lovers:
- Dogs improve your mood and can even reduce the risk of disease.
- Dog owners have a much higher rate of recovery from being sick.
- Having a dog improves your physical and mental wellbeing.
- They will go to great lengths to find their humans… 2,800 miles to be exact!
- Putting it simply… They’re a human’s best friend!
If you are interested in what Ambleside and the Lake District has to offer your pooch, please don’t hesitate to get in touch – we’d be more than happy to help!